Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Restarted

I originally created this blog three years ago as a project for one of my Library Science Masters classes. I posted three times, then, project finished, it fell by the wayside.
As we approach the new year, I was trying to decide whether or not I should make a resolution. The last I made (and kept, mostly) was back in 2008, when I worked at Hobby Lobby--the year of the Big Move for the store. I remember because I was so exhausted from working 12+ hours a day seven days a week I simply couldn't keep my resolution. It was to write every day. Something. Anything. I considered making that resolution again this year, and reviving my blog to assist.
So, here I sit, under my new electric blanket, eating a bowl of Cup o' Soup Chicken and Noodle, trying to decide what to do. I technically have a blog on LiveJournal, where I post most of my writing stuff. However, I limit who can see it. This blog will be my observations and attempted explanations of a writer's mindset and thinking, characters, plot, descriptions, and, naturally, struggles. I've found it hard to describe how a writer looks at the world--and people--without coming off like I'm mentally insane. I hope to do better through this blog. I've always been a better writer than a speaker, anyway.
I may post little writing bits for people to read. That will be hard for me, as I'm a protective and paranoid "mommy" when it comes to my work. I don't want it stolen, though I would like (most) to be read.
So off we head. The previous blog entries I did in 2007 have been purged, and a fresh start is ahead as the new year approaches. Now if I can figure out a good blog name...

No comments:

Post a Comment