Friday, May 25, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo

     I have a dilemma on my hands this summer.


     This year, the group that puts on National Novel Writing Month is doing two "Camp NaNoWriMo" months...June and August, in which the same challenge put forth in November for National Novel Writing Month occurs: write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.
     I was debating to attempt at least one (if not both) Camp months this year, but that was back in November, before my finances grew tight enough I can't afford to replace my computer.
     Another complication is this: in November, with my current job, I have no work, so can focus on my writing all day most days for the month to easily make quota.  In the summer I work nearly 40 hours a week at hard manual labor in heat and humidity.  It will take a lot more willpower to reach the goals, even on a day-to-day basis with access to a computer.
     June is closing fast, so I need to reach a decision soon.
     If I decide to do it, I will be working further on the story I started back in November: Dragon-Child.  I made it to nearly 75,000 back then and the story's not done yet.  I won't be counting my earlier quota, of course, but definitely furthering the storyline since it's unfinished.
     So.


     Should I attempt a Camp NaNoWriMo?  Both?  Or not at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment